Standardized 80% silymarin (SILYBUM MARIANUM)
Orally, the fruit and seed of Milk Thistle are used as:
• A Liver Protectant
• Treating toxic liver damage caused by alcohol and chemicals
• Supportive therapy for chronic inflammatory liver disease
• Hepatic Cirrhosis
• Bile Duct Inflammation
• Chronic Hepatitis
• Gall Bladder complaints
• Diseases of the Spleen
• Supportive treatment for liver damage caused by Amanita Phalloides mushroom poisoning
Milk Thistle consists of four Flavanolignans: Silybin, Isosilybinin, Silichristin and Silidianin.
These constituents exhibit liver-protective and antioxidant effects.
The theraputic activity of Silymarin is based on two actions:
• The first is an alteration of the outer cell membrane that Prevents Toxic Penetration.
• The second involves stimulation of polymerases which result in Liver Regeneration.
Silymarin decreases Insulin Resistance in people with alcoholic cirrhosis
Caution: Milk Thistle can cause an allergic reaction in individuals sensitive to the Asteraceae Compositae family IE: Ragweed, Chrysanthemums, Marigolds, Daisys and other herbs.